Social Security is here for you when you travel, whether you’re in the United States or overseas. Our online services page at www.socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices provides you a wide variety of self-service options you can use on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Through our online services, you can:
• Apply for Social Security retirement, disability, and Medicare benefits.
• Get your Social Security Statement.
• Request a replacement Social Security card.
• Appeal a decision.
• Find out if you qualify for benefits.
Do you receive Social Security benefits or Medicare? If so, you can create or log in to your personal my Social Security account to:
• Get your benefit verification letter for Social Security, Medicare, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
• Check your information and benefit amount.
• Change your address and telephone number.
• Start or change your direct deposit.
• Request a replacement Medicare card.
• Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
• Report your wages if you work and receive disability benefits or SSI.
Create a personal my Social Security account today at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount to take advantage of these easy-to-use features. Also, share our online services page with family and friends who need this important information.
Daniel Damceski is the Staff Assistant / State Liaison for Central Ohio. You can write him c/o Social Security Administration, 200 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43215 or via email at email@example.com. Damceski writes a weekly column published in The Logan Daily News. The views of this column may not necessarily reflect that of the newspaper.