LOGAN — Bands from all over are practicing their half-time shows for the 40th annual Fall Festival of Bands this Saturday, Oct. 6.
This year 10 bands will be preforming including the Logan Marching Chieftains who are hoping to have a new half-time show completed — weather permitting throughout the week.
Brenda Rowe, the band booster treasurer, is helping coordinate all of the details in preparation for this coming weekend. The boosters are in charge of helping run the concessions, taking tickets for the event and 50/50 drawing while selling t-shirts that have each band on the back.
The proceeds from this event will go toward the band’s spring 2020 trip, which Band Director, Pam Price, has not revealed yet.
In 2012 the Marching Chieftains traveled to Disney World for the Main Street Electrical Parade and in 2016 they went to Washington, D.C. for the National Cherry Blossom Parade.
Price says students enjoy the show because, “We’ve got a lot more show bands that come in that are not competition bands, so they get to see a lot of variety. It’s a good way for us to be able to see different styles, different ways of performing.”
The event begins at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Logan Chieftain Stadium, cost of the event is $5 with children five and under free.
The complete schedule of events follows:
• 6 p.m. — Pre-game, National Anthem, Logan Marching Chieftains
• 6:15 p.m. — Fisher Catholic High School Marching Irish, Judy Rehrer, director. Allison Maskulinsky, percussion instructor.
• 6:25 p.m. — Federal Hocking High School Marching Lancers, Julia Olson, director. Conor Hartwick, assistant.
• 6:35 p.m. — Wheelersburg High School Pirate Marching Band, Joe Diamond, director.
• 6:45 p.m. — Beechcroft High School Cougar Marching Band, Jason Weier, director. Mike Moncrief, assistant.
• 6:55 p.m. — Sheridan High School Marching Generals, Dave Fazakas and Greg Otte, directors. Christy Broseus, color guard advisor.
• 7:05 p.m. — Waverly High School Marching Tigers, Zachary Ross, director. Tom Patterson and Steve Lummer, assistants.
• 7:15 p.m. — Whitehall Yearling High School Marching Ram Band, Kelley Gilbert, director. Megan Knapp, Maylinda Alamo and Maritza Alamo, assistants.
• 7:25 p.m. — Oak Hill High School Marching Oaks, Bryce Werntz, director. Brittany Ruth, assistant. Rick Noel, percussion.
• 7:35 — Lakewood High School Lancer Band, Lauren Domenick and Derek Shell, directors.
• 7:45 — Logan High School Marching Chieftains, Pam Price, director. Ben Wright and Jennifer Olis, assistants. Ryan Garrett, percussion instructor. Amanda Helber, majorette advisor.
• 7:55 p.m. — All bands mass on the field for trophy and money presentations.