LOGAN – On Wednesday, July 14, the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office, the Sheriff’s Interdiction Unit and the U.S. 23 Major Crimes Task Force, with assistance from the United States Marshal Service’s Southern Ohio Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team (SOFAST) executed multiple arrest warrants for narcotics related offenses.
According to a news release from the sheriff’s office, the arrest warrants were the result of narcotics investigations conducted by Hocking County Sheriff’s Interdiction Unit Detectives who are tasked with working narcotics cases within Hocking County.
Hocking County Sheriff Lanny E. North stated: “For the second time this year, we have conducted a warrant roundup for narcotics cases in an effort to inform the dealers, users and our community that this type of activity will not be tolerated.”
“I would like to thank Hocking County Prosecuting Attorney Ryan Black for being such a strong ally in echoing this message by him and his staff doing their part in the court room. I would also like to thank United States Marshal Peter Tobin and the members of SOFAST for assisting in the operation.”
Those charged in connection with the warrant sweep include:
• Alvin Clapsaddle III, 32, of Sugar Grove, aggravated possession of heroin
• Michael Cox, 35, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs
• Nicholas Dunkle, 19, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs, possession of heroin, possession of fentanyl
• David Gallagher, 31, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs, possession of heroin, possession of drug instruments
• Richard Gray II, 52, of Logan, possession of heroin
• Steven Hogsett, 50, of Logan, two counts of aggravated possession of drugs
• Markus Hutchison, 64, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs
• Joseph Inboden, 35, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs, possession of heroin, possession of fentanyl
• Erin Kesterson, 43, of Nelsonville, aggravated possession of drugs
• Joseph Meeker, 33, of Nelsonville, tampering with evidence, possession of fentanyl
• Seth Mock, 32, of Logan, possession of heroin, possession of fentanyl, endangering children
• Nicole Oliphant, 24, of Logan, possession of heroin, possession of fentanyl, endangering children
• Ronald Preece, 42, of Logan, aggravated possession of drugs
• Joshua Scobbee, 38, of Lancaster, aggravated possession of drugs, obstructing official business
• Nicole Shahan, 34, of Lancaster, two counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs, two counts of aggravated possession of drugs, trafficking in heroin
• Brandy Sowers, 42, of Logan, burglary, theft
• Christopher Sowers, 37, of Logan, trafficking in heroin, possession of heroin, aggravated possession of drugs, receiving stolen property
• Christopher Sowers, 35, of Nelsonville, possession of heroin, possession of drug instruments
Sheriff North added:
“Less than two months ago, I issued a press release with names, photos and charges of individuals who were dealing narcotics in Hocking County. I gave others who were in a similar line of work a warning, that if they didn’t stop, then they would be next. It would appear that some of them didn’t take the warning seriously and now their name, photo and charges are on our list.”
He noted that if anyone in the county needs help dealing with their addiction, it is available from Project HOPE for the asking.
The sheriff’s office urges residents to contact the agency with tips regarding suspected drug dealers. Tips can be sent, anonymously, via phone call or text message to 740-380-4276.