Logan – The Logan Education Association celebrated American Education Week with its annual student writing contest. Students were asked to share their thoughts by creating an original essay, poem, or work of art that answers the question “What makes public education great in these unique times?”
All written or visual entries addressed the theme “Celebrating unique learners in unique times.” This year’s winners are as follows:
• Delaney Barrell — Grade 2, Chieftain
• Bonnie Walton — Grade 3, Chieftain
• Abby Cox — Grade 4, Chieftain Academy
• Kaylee Cox — Grade 6, Chieftain Academy
• Chloe Sater — Grade 8, LHMS
Winners received a $25 gift card to Hawk’s Nest and had their picture taken for the school website.